In California, most people are released from prison with $200 and meager other supports for rebuilding their lives. The challenges to landing on their feet are enormous, especially for those who have been incarcerated for decades. We brought together members of two Bay Area nonprofits—Impact Justice and Bonafide—and a former Mount Tamalpais College student for a panel discussion on innovative approaches to reentry.
- Sia Henry, Senior Program Specialist, Restorative Justice Project at Impact Justice and Mount Tamalpais College Board Member
- Becca Carter, Co-founder, Bonafide
- David Cowan, Executive Director and Co-founder, Bonafide
- Terah Lawyer, Program Manager, The Homecoming Project at Impact Justice
- Aishatu Yusuf, Director, Innovation Programs at Impact Justice
- Brian Shipp, former Mount Tamalpais College student
A recording of the event is available below.