We are excited to open up the application process for volunteer instructors and tutors for the Spring and Fall 2023 semesters at San Quentin State Prison.
If you are interested in volunteering with us — even if you are a returning faculty member; even if you’ve previously communicated interest elsewhere — please fill out this survey.
If you would like to learn more about teaching at Mt. Tamalpais College or have questions about the application process, we also encourage you to attend one of the following information sessions:
- Wednesday, October 12, 7 PM to 8 PM, Zoom Meeting Link
- Sunday, October 23, 2 PM to 3 PM, Zoom Meeting Link
Once the faculty placement process is complete, all new volunteers will be required to attend two training sessions closer to the start of each semester. Given this, we recommend holding these dates and times:
Training for ALL volunteers
- Wednesday, Dec 7, 2022, 6 PM to 9 PM OR
- Sunday, December 11, 10 AM to 1 PM
Training by Program
- Instructors & Co-instructors in Writing, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- Monday, January 9, 6 PM to 8 PM
- Instructors & Co-instructors in Science & Math
- Tuesday, January 10, 6 PM to 8 PM
- All Other Roles
- Wednesday, January 11, 6 PM to 8 PM
We will review applications on a rolling basis and aim to get back to each applicant individually. However, given the volume of applications we receive, it can take several weeks to finalize our decisions.
Once again, please apply using this survey to volunteer with Mount Tamalpais College in the Spring and Fall semesters of 2023!